Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Birchbox July 2012

Hello Gorgeous!
This month Birchbox teamed up with Glamour so I was really excited to see what I would be sent! After looking through the items I was sent this month I feel as though this box was a so so box for myself. Some products I have been absolutely loving while others I could have done without. Here is what my box consisted of this month:
- Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds
 These are just like the earbuds that came with your standard music player, only way cuter. The contrasting neon shades play into this season’s neon trend. I thought this was a pretty nice touch. I love getting personalized things from companies. It gives off a more personal touch.

- Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum (Size: 2 packets)
Supergoop’s unique Hydrovotin 24 complex works with the skin’s own moisture mechanisms to increase hydration levels, while vitamins E and B5 heal past damage. A chemical sunscreen duo absorbs both UVA rays that lead to premature aging and UVB rays that cause sunburn. The top-of-the-line “PA +++” rating means the formula meets the highest standards for sun protection. The kicker? This sunscreen serum is paraben and fragrance-free—just what the doctor ordered for sensitive skin. Seems like a good product but I was disappointed with the sample size sent.

- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (Full Size)
The precision pen tip allows you to control the thickness of the line you create and vary the intensity of your look. Plus, the fade-proof formula will hold up all day and night. I recieved mine in black and I have really been loving it! Its a great product so far and definitely one of my favorites from this months Birchbox.

- Color Club Summer Pastels Collection in Blue-Ming (Size: 0.25 oz / 7 mL)
Blue-Ming is a lovely greenish turquoise. I really love the shade of this nail polish and it is the current polish I have on my nails. But the consistency of this polish seemed to be on the thicker side and a little harder to work with. But overall I am happy with the color that I was sent.

- Harvey Prince Eau Flirt - Lavender Pumpkin (Small Vile)
Though it feels carefree, this scent has been meticulously calibrated to turn up the heat. It combines pumpkin and lavender, two seemingly ill-matched notes that have been clinically proven to spur passionate reactions in men. Olfactory theory aside, we love the combination of seductive jasmine and freesia with sumptuous nutmeg, cinnamon, and amber. I really do like this scent. It isn't overpowering it is just the right strength and smells absolutely delightful!

- Tea Forté Minteas in Ginger Pear (1 tin)
These pick-me-up treats are laced with healthy ingredients that keep you balanced. The flavors are designed not only to taste good but also to accomplish specific wellness goals. Resist boosts immunity with lemon and lime extracts, while Results, a spicy matcha chai and cinnamon blend, spurs metabolism. Regroup, a ginger pear treat, helps you focus; energizing Reboot is a cocoa mate; and Retreat, a lemongrass yuzu blend, is designed to help you relax. At first I didnt know if I liked the flavor I was sent just because it is so different from any other mints I have tasted but as I have been having more and more I have come to really like them.

Overall this box was average. I did like most of the items sent with the exception of a few but that is expected with these monthly subscription services. Until next time, take care <3


No comments:

Post a Comment