Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hautelook: Lorac, Pixi, & Pop Beauty

Hello Gorgeous!
A while back there was a sale on Hautelook that featured Lorac, Pixi, and Pop Beauty and I ordered a few things. If you dont know what Hautelook is it is a membership website where they feature different brands at some great discounts. To join Hautelook is completely free and you can join either by going directly to Hautelook.com or you can join through my link and help me with my referrals: http://www.hautelook.com/short/3BYCD
Since Lorac is going to be on Hautelook tomorrow I thought this would be a great time to share what my thoughts were on the products that I purchased. So from the Lorac sale I bought two items. The first item was the Lorac Bejeweled Day & Night Jewelry Box Collection:


This had a retail value of $56.00 but I was able to get this at Hautelook for $29.00! I thought this was a complete steal because this Lorac Bejeweled Day & Night Jewelry Box comes with two eyeshadow palettes in Day & Night which includes sixteen eye shadows each and a blush in each of the palettes. The eye shadow palettes are each located in one of the drawers of the jewelry box. The top of the jewelry box flips open and it contains two lip glosses in Peach and Rose along with a huge bronzer in Bronze that has a net weight of 0.53 oz. The eye shadows are really pigmented and go on really smooth. They also blend like a charm! The lip glosses are really nice shades as well and aren't overly sticky. The bronzer has a light shimmer to it but it isn't overly bearing which I have really been enjoying. Overall I am really happy with this Lorac Bejeweled Day & Night Jewelry Box Collection and truly believe that this was worth every penny!


The last item I bought from the Lorac sale was a baked matte satin eye shadow in the shade Insider. This has a retail value of $22.00 and I got it for $2.00! I wish I would have picked up some other shades when I made this purchase but I was hesitant since this was my first time trying this brand. Insider is just a stunning shade of blue and it is insanely pigmented and blends so effortlessly. I will definitely be picking up some more shades in the future.


During the same time that Lorac was on sale on Hautelook they also had a sale for Pixi and Pop Beauty products. This would be the first time I was going to try these brands as well so I only picked up three items. From Pixi I picked up Pretty Eye Perfection Limited Edition Palette and from Pop Beauty I bought a Pretty Punk Palette and Lid Neon Palette.


The shades from the Pixi Pretty Eye Perfection Palette have a retail value of $12.00 and I was able to get these for $3.00 I believe. These shades are all very pigmented and go on smoothly. The only things that I didn't really like is that there is a bit of fallout and the size of the eye shadows are on the smaller end so it gets a bit tricky when using an eye shadow brush. But other than that it was a great deal and its perfect size for travel.


Next up I picked up Pop Beauty Pretty Punk Palette and I believe I got this for $3.00.  The eye shadows are not that pigmented and are a bit on the smaller size so using a brush can be tricky with this one as well. I didn't get fallout with these shades though which is nice. I think I could have gone with out having this palette as part of my collection but it wasn't a huge bust either. Maybe using the eye shadows wet I will get better results? I will have to try that out and update this later on.


Last thing I picked up was Pop Beauty Lid Neon Palette and I believe I got it for about $5.00. I was drawn to the vibrant colors and thought it would be a great addition to my makeup collection. The eye shadows are more pigmented then the Pop Beauty Pretty Punk Palette but less pigmented than the Pixi Pretty Eye Perfection Palette. These are definitely more workable and I can build these up more as I apply them which makes this not a total bust. I think it was a pretty good buy.

Hopefully this helps some of you decide on what products you might like to purchase on future Hautelook sales. Did any of you dolls make a purchase during any of these sales? If you did what did you get and what were your thoughts on it? Until next time I hope you all are doing great! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment