Friday, May 11, 2012

Birchbox May 2012

Hello Gorgeous!
My box arrived today which seemed to have been the fastest I have ever received mine. Usually I get the chance to log on to Birchbox and check what box I was sent before it even arrives but this month it was a complete surprise. I think I prefer when I don't know what I am getting until I get it. It was nice not expecting anything in particular. So enough rambling here is what my box included this month:


This month's theme was Gossip Girl which was nice. I personally haven't seen the show. I am just really bad at keeping up with TV series. But regardless I was excited to see what was going to be included this month. Upon opening my months box I was delightfully surprised with all of the items I was sent.

- Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo (Size: 15 mL)
Made with purifying deep-sea volcanic extracts, Shu Uemura’s cleansing oil lathers up into a light foam to transform tired locks into a luscious mane. It gets rid of any and all signs of oily debris while softening hair. Plus, the formula is made without heavy silicones, so it won’t weigh hair down. Pretty excited about this sample. It is a nice size and I think I can get a few uses out of it. The full size is 400 mL and has a retail value of $55.00

- Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 (Size: 0.5 fl. oz.)
Miracle Skin Transformer, the brand behind the cult concealer, has developed a formula that evens out all our imperfections all over your body. It works as a light moisturizer, SPF 20, and a skin-perfecting tint—curing roughness, hiding blemishes, and even masking scars (good news for the klutzy ones among us). It’s the perfect accessory to that strapless cocktail dress, not to mention all your summer tank tops and shorts. I received mine in the shade glow which seems to be a really nice shade especially for the summer time. Full size is 3.38 oz. and has a retail value of $34.00

- Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara (Size: 4 mL)
Tiny spherical black pearl pigments define and add thickness, while metamorphosis powders plump up each individual lash. A unique SR38 ceramide complex conditions your lashes, repairing damage and helping them grow more lush than ever before. I've never had the chance to try any Dior products so I was really excited about getting the opportunity to try this mascara out. The full size is 10 mL and has a retail value of $28.50

- Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum (Size: 0.03 fl. oz.)
An audacious chypre floral scent, Miss Dior charms with opening top notes of fresh citrus before blossoming into a bouquet of jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, and rose. It’s anchored with a base of patchouli laced with sultry musk. I was also excited about this sample. I had smelled this before from a sample in a magazine and I liked it but never thought I'd be able to buy it since its on the higher end. Now I get to have a small spray vial for my special occasions lol. The full size is 3.4 fl. oz. and has a retail value of $102.00

- Birchbox Notecards (Size: One Card)
Made of durable cardstock, these are pretty much the cutest notecards ever. You can use them as thank you notes, invitations, and just-because-you’re-awesome cards. I felt indifferent about this sample. It is a cute and simple card but would have preferred something else personally. Full size is a set of 12 notecards and has a retail value of $10.00

Overall I am really enjoying this box. Everything I received I will use, even the notecards. I don't know how I am going to use it but I'm sure I will figure it out. What did you dolls receive? What are your thoughts on Birchbox? I personally really like this subscription. Let me know what you dolls think. I'd love to hear your feedback! =)

2 comments:

  1. jealous that you got the mascara =)
    I was really hoping for that one in my box.
    I ended up getting the Stila Liner (I get 2 boxes - so I received 1 in each box...one in a black color and one in a gold-type color), Miracle Skin Transformer body, 2 weird foreign-named perfumes, An Ojon volume shampoo (and the matching conditioner in my other box - I don't know if that was planned--lol--it was nice to get the set tho--but I think 1 oz is only good for 2 uses), a twistband, and the Dr Jart ++ Water Fuse BB cream (Besides the Dior mascara, this was the next product I really really wanted to try!) Overall, I thought both boxes were pretty good CONSIDERING the low value boxes I have been getting - keep in mind I'm not exactly thrilled with the products --I HATE how they keep sending us perfume vials--NOT a deluxe sample size...also I think I listed my hair type as being color treated so I hope that Ojon volume shampoo is safe for color treated hair--I will have to research into it--I dye my hair red which it fades easily so I have to be really careful which shampoos I use -- they need to be really gentle. Also, the BB cream is a super duper tiny sample like .06 ML size --ugh, wish it was more like .25oz..heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina,
    Cool! I was actually hoping I would get the Stila Liner since I have been on a Stila kick lately lol =) I felt like last year I was getting constant duds for boxes and since this year started it seems like I have really been lucking out on what I am sent. I agree I generally do not like receiving the perfume vials but Miss Dior just smells so amazing so I was happy about that. It would have been even better if it was a deluxe size like you had mentioned though!

    ReplyDelete